Scheduling and Deposit
- Why do you require a deposit?
- We are frequently forced to deny reservation requests because we get overbooked resulting in some of our customers not being able to get a clown, magician or another entertainer. Reservation is a commitment not only on our part but on yours too.
- We are booking for a corporate event or an organziation and pay with a check. How do we do it?
- Corporate bookings are exempt from the deposit rules where complete payments are processed through approriate finance departments based on pre-payment or invoice billing.
- Is the deposit refundable?
- The deposit is fully refundable in the following situations:
- – you cancel wthin 10 days of the event
- – if you cancel your event due to declared snow emergency.
- I need to reschedule. Can I do it?
- Yes, you can make changes, however, all changes are subject to the availability of the clown, magician or another entertainer. Some time slots become full very quickly. If we are unable to provide you with an entertainer during the time you need we will gladly refund your deposit as long as your request is made 10 days in advance.
Day Of the Event
- Can the Entertainer stay longer?
- Our schedules are done in advance and it is likely that the entertainer has another event to attend after yours. Please check with the Entertainer but please understand that there are no guarantees that an extension is possible.
- Our guests are late can the Entertainer start the show a little later?
- Due to busy schedules the Entertainers have to leave by the agreed upon time. The rates are for the duration that the Entertainer is at your event. Please plan accordingly. Our advise is to allow at least 1 hour for all your guests to arrive. If you booked a 2 hour show at 12 PM, you are being charged for that time (from 12 PM to 2 PM). Please understand that the entertainer will have to leave at the agreed upon time and you are being charged for the complete time (in our example, from 12PM to 2PM even if you asked them to start at 12:30PM).
- Are there any other surcharges on the day of the event?
- There are no hidden costs or surcharges. Gratuities are optional and are appreciated for a job well done. The only exception, is if no street-level parking is available around the area where the event is being held. Should we be forced to use a paid parking lot, you are responsible for reimbursement of those expences.
- Who’s responsible for Parking?
- The Entertainer needs a parking spot close to the event place as there are some props that they have to unload. We will genereally cover the cost of the street level parking, however should the use of a paid lot be required, then you are responsible to reimburse the parking costs.
Materials Used and Safety
- Are the face paints that are used safe?
- Our entertainers use only high quality paints from Snazaroo or Mehron.
- Our face paints are specially formulated to be friendly to the most delicate skin.
- Our face paints are manufactured using only ingredients fully compliant with EU & FDA toy and cosmetic regulations, and are non-toxic.
- Our face paints are all water-based, so they’re as easy to get off as they are to put on.
- I heard that balloons can be a choking hazard, is that true?
- Yes. That is true. Most people don’t realize that latex balloons are a chocking hazard. They are one of the leading causes of death in children under 8 years of age. In fact, next time you buy balloons take a look at the package. You will see the following warning: “CHOKING HAZARD – Children under 8 yrs can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.“
- Since during our show we do not hand uninflated balloons to the children the main danger can come from popped balloons. A responsible adult representing the party host must be present to oversee the children at all times.